Map of Southern British Columbia
|Surveying in 1871|
|Surveying in 1872|
|Surveying in 1873|
|Surveying in 1874|
|Surveying in 1875|
|Surveying in 1876|
|Surveying in 1877|
|Surveying in 1878|
|Surveying in 1879|
Showing some cities, roads, railways and passes of the region. This map is the base map used for each map showing the annual surveys (use list on the right). There is also an animated map showing all the surveys from 1871 to 1876 based on this map.
If you are looking for a roadmap of southern British Columbia, I would suggest starting with Google Maps.
- Black dots - random cities, not necesarily the largest or most significant
- (pass) - some of the mountain passes surveyed for the CPR, approximate location
- grey line - highways. The highways shown are:
- 1 - Vancouver, Hope, Lytton, Kamloops, Revelstoke, Golden, Calgary
- 3 - Vancouver, Hope, Osoyoos, Castlegar, Cranbrook, Lethbridge
- 16 - Prince Rupert, Terrace, Prince George, Jasper, Edmonton
- 97 - Kamloops, Cache Creek, Williams Lake, Prince George, Chetwynd, Dawson Creek
- 99 - Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler, Lillooet, Cache Creek
- black line - Canadian National. Vancouver, Hope, Kamloops, Blue River, Yellowhead Pass
- red line - Canadian Pacific Railway. Vancouver, Hope, Kamloops, Revelstoke, Golden, Kicking Horse Pass
- blue line - British Columbia Railway (now part of CN). Vancouver, Squamish, Williams Lake, Prince George, Dawson Creek
Note: Only the mainline for each of the railways is shown.
Each of the railway companies has maps of their railway networks.